A boutique multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy seeking top talent in the façade sector due to exponential growth. Presence in London, Manchester, Abu Dhabi and Frankfurt.
The headquarters is situated in SE1 and is less than a five minute walk away from the underground and overground rail.
The consultant will have the option to work from home while expected to attend client meetings several times a week.
- 5+ years of façade experience within the UK, ideally within a large multinational façade engineering consultancy.
- Next level growth mindset – keen to further develop on both personal and professional levels.
- Track record of over achievement in implementing innovative build-ability solutions.
- Respected expert within the industry. Enthusiastic about new software technology, façade systems and assisting clients achieve their goals.
- Able to work both independently and as an effective member of a team.
- Responsible for liaising with external clients and the internal engineering team to successfully implement engineering packages across multiple large complex projects. Effectively functioning as a link bridge between the client and FAT. Projects range from £40m - £250m in construction value. Key sectors include Education and Residential.
- Leadership skills in matrix organisations to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and sector specific focus.
- PRINCE2 or PMP certified.
- Responsible for pro-actively engaging with prospective clients to secure new business and present the impressive portfolio of BIM solutions to multinational Architectural and Construction companies. Presenting ideas, strategy and capability to new clients.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills a must, coupled with the ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Expert user in Autodesk products a must - Revit "Structural or Architectural” (Dynamo).
- Following software packages beneficial: AutoCAD, Rhino (Grasshopper), 3D Studio
- Implementing Building Information Modelling and Integrated Project Delivery - Processes and strategies for implementing BIM and IPD within organizations. Responsible for managing BIM data and workflow across the practice, to assist in the smooth delivery of projects as well as providing support to the Project Directors.
- Developing BIM Strategy - implementing design concepts into working Revit LOD400 models and liaising with clients to provide Level 2 BIM strategy including training and 4D modelling (We don’t simply take 2D drawings and turn these into 3D BIM ones. We get involved with clients at the beginning of jobs, identify their objectives and develop BIM strategy to suit).
- Tenacious and determined individual, highly target driven and self motivated.